Semester Reflection

Happy Campers Short Film Project


For this project we had to create a short film and use one of our classmates ideas. During the beginning of this project we had to start in April because this project required a lot of time to plan the script and groups to create the project. One of the biggest challenges we faced was timing and availability due to our actors having jobs and other important business they had to take care of. One thing I learned on the way is that if someone is unable to come to the production or edit try to find a replacement as soon as possible to cover the task and get it taken care of. Some of the feedback was positive but the one complaint we had was our audio due to the voices being to quiet and unable to hear. in my overall opinion I would say this was one of my favorite projects to work on even though we filmed almost after a rain storm and it was really muddy I'm still glad we had found people to help get our film done.

Breakfast Club Trailer


For this assignment our teacher gave us recommended trailers from films hat were based on school topics and we were given one I was excited about, the breakfast club. this project took about 2 to 3 weeks to complete due to our filming having to be either after, during, or before school in order for us to be ing the library. I don't remember my group ad. having to deal with any challenges but I believe the editing was a bit of a difficulty having to make it seem identical to the actual trailer. One thing I learned on the way is that not everyone gets the role they please like myself I was automatically placed on credit duty. in my overall opinion me and my group did pretty well on this trailer and I enjoyed it the most because we had to do a trailer based on one of my favorite films of all time. I really hope we get to do something like this again.


In class I used my time on these projects by either helping with credits, planning out locations to film, and trying to help make ideas seem less complicated by trying to find an easier solution to complete the task. Sometimes the groups I was in couldn't do anything that much due to us having to film in a location outside of school and we obviously can't do that during school time or we could get in trouble. My areas I'm kind of given a my only job during the editing is just doing the credits that and pre production like location scouting or helping one up with ideas like what we could do for the short film or what would be a good song to use for a music video.

The short film was the longest and the most time consuming project I ever had to help with. The idea o our was a horror based film that had almost a similar plot to Friday the 13th. All I did to help my group was help with the set up for our location like helping with tents and just moving the things around. then I was put in charge of doing the credits which I'm at least happy I had something I could do while someone else was finishing the editing.

this semester felt a little longer than both last semester and freshman year combined, probably because of how much time the short film took. if I were to change one thing about this semester I would probably try to put myself in the directer position or as the editor so I could give myself a bigger role and be more productive during class. one goal I would like to set for next year is to play a bigger role in the production and/or editing phase of the projects. Sophomore year was a bit of a difficult one but I feel that junior and senior year are gonna be even more difficult. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Film Reel blogpost

Senior Final